- We worship Jesus Christ in many ways in our daily walk with Him. When Sundays arrive, with enthusiasm and gratitude, we come together as one body for corporate worship and express our hearts to the Lord in spiritual songs, hymns and prayer:
“I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. I will glory in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together” Psalms 34:1-3
“May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice” Psalms 141:2
- We worship Jesus Christ because in all His love He seeks us out to be true, authentic, spiritual worshipers:
“Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.” John 4:23-24, NIV
- We worship as one body in victory to praise His great name as one voice in music:
After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: ‘Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,…’ Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: ‘Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns.’ “Revelation 19:1,6, NIV
“Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, …” Ephesians 5:18-19, NIV
- We worship a loving God with physical and vocal gestures because of what our hearts and souls are expressing:
“Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy” Psalms 47:1, NIV
“I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.” Psalms 63:4, NIV.
“I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing.” 1 Timothy 2:8, NIV.
- We use many instruments to praise His mighty name:
“Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute, praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.” Psalms 150:3-5, NIV.
- We stand during worship as one body of Christ:
“Then some Levites from the Kohathites and Korahites stood up and praised the LORD, the God of Israel, with a very loud voice.” 2 Chronicles 20:19, NIV.
- We worship not only in songs, music and hymns but also in prayer as one unified voice:
“When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “you made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything in them.” Acts 4:24, NIV.
We hope you can join us this Sunday to lift up the name of Jesus Christ!